View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
Arrow Big Red's Journal [COTW 1/28/13]

Welcome to BIG RED'S journal! I finally decided to start a journal after 2 1/2 years of ownership enjoyment. I've done a lot of mods, some 2 or 3 times, before getting it right! It's been a real learning experience to say the least! I had a LOT of little, and some big, problems during the first year and 1/2 but got all the bugs pretty much ironed out! Guess it goes with any early production car so I was very patient as GM worked through some of the problems.

Big Red was born on 6/30/09 smack in the middle of GM's historic bankruptcy procedings. I ordered on 5/5/09 and figured I'd take a chance, after all, if GM goes out of business in July I'd have a real rarity. If not I'd have a sweet ride and no warranty worries! As it turned out all went well and I took delivery on a hot July 7th day!

Big Red, so named last year after I bought my wife a red Chevy Cruze which we named "Little Red", is an RJT 2SS/RS LS3 M6 with black rally stripes. As soon as I drove it off the dealer's lot I knew I would start modding it right away! First thing to go would be that ultra quiet exhaust! I'm a Harley guy so I like my exhaust note LOUD! How could GM produce such an awsome car and make it so quiet? Anyway, I'll get to the mods on my next post! Here's some early pics the first summer. Only mods at this point were vinyl gill inserts, I think SLP LM2's and Hurst short throw!

Edit: I added a more current pic at the bottom for comparison sake. It doesn't show the ZL1 side skirts and hash marks because I stored the car shortly after adding them a couple weeks ago and didn't have time for pics, and the weather was crappy!!

Added one more pic of a recent track day at Gingerman Raceway. This shows the side skirts as well as the Hex Vents! It's come a long way from it's humble beginnings!
Attached Images

Last edited by ssmike; 08-31-2013 at 04:31 PM. Reason: added picture
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote