View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 02:14 PM   #14
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
So, with all that fun stuff, it brings us to this winter. I decided to take Big Red off the raod and store it in the garage to save a few bucks on insurance. Last year it snowed so much that I wished I canceled the insurance and stored it. This year however has been warm and relatively dry with little snow. My timing just sucks!

Anyway, I decided that as long as it is stored and off the road it would give me a chance to do some serious invasive surgery! I put the car up on jackstandes and ordered up some goodies! First on the list was a set of Pedders xa coilovers to lower 1 1/4". Next was to remove the calipers and send to Mike the Powdercoater for some RJT bling! As long as the calipers were off I ordered a set of Racing Brake stainless brake lines from Apex!

Next were the wheels. I've been wanting a new set of wheels and rubber but they're so damn expensive. I ended up ordering a set of Forgestar F14's from Nine Ball and Nitto Invo 275/315 tires from Discount Tires Direct. I got the tires but I'm still waiting on the wheels which hopefully will be here by end of March. I'm going to have an RJT pinstripe applied after the tires are installed and balanced. Then off to the alignment shop!

Last but not least will be an RPI front ZL style splitter which just arrived and needs to be installed!

Here's some current pics and I'll post up pics once all the work is done in a couple weeks!
Attached Images

Last edited by ssmike; 03-10-2012 at 05:31 PM.
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote