View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 07:28 AM   #171
dereklburt

Drives: 2006 Lotus Elise GM 3.6DI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenti View Post
I know, right? This thread is going to explode when the dyno numbers hit. Track times might be disappointing without supporting mods for traction, though. We saw it with Gretchen; but, now he's putting down low-mid 12's.

Im very excited to see the outcome. I just put a turbo 3.6DI engine in my Lotus but I am still finishing it up. Not to steal the thread but I am considering trading in my older 2004 CTS V on a newer 08 or 09 CTS 3.6DI with all wheel drive, expecially since I live in Michigan. Then I could drive it all year. Same 3.6 DI engine but the AWD would really put the power down. I was thinking it would be like a newer CTS V but better traction, and better insurance. It's a little heavier than the Camaro (about 300lbs) but with the awd and the power that Gretchen and some others are making, it would still be a rocket!
If the fuel limitation was figured out so the boost could go up a bit, eventually it might even surpass a new stock CTS V or even the new Camaro ZL1. (same goes for the V6 Camaro!). A CTS awd with enough power and suspension mods might then be a better competitor for "Godzilla" the GT-R as they had in Road & Track against the ZL1.

Great work guys! I am excited to see the results
dereklburt is offline   Reply With Quote