Old 02-26-2008, 12:48 PM   #52
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunkelz28 View Post
They piss me off more every day, first they make the mirrors bigger
bigger mirrors make it easier to see other cars on the road. I'd rather have functional mirrors than tiny cool looking ones,

then they add a B pillar,
B pillars are a inexpensive and light way to make the car strong enough in case of accidents. I'd rather have a b pillar and not die in a crash.

then they tell everyone its gonna be a 2010 model and not an 09,
but they haven't changed the release date. still gonna be released in about a year. kinda like the 2009 cars that are going on sale now along with the 08's. its a really early release for a 2010 model as opposed to a late release for a 2009.

then the gas cap gets moved,
cost and safety. read other threads for more info

then they mess with the headlights,
read my sig

and where did that cowl hood go??
I imagine that not all cars are going to have the exact same hood. but more importantly, what you see on the hood of the car is called camouflage. it tends to hide details like that, thats what its there for

before we know it its gonna have a ford badge on it
Then it would be the best product that Ford ever produced.
And you failed to notice that very little is different from the concept, out of hundreds of possible details there are around 10 that people have picked up on as being different. I don't mean to sound like a jerk when saying this, but it needs to be said in every thread with new shots of the Camaro. You haven't been following as closely as some of us have and you don't know the reasoning behind all these choices, neither do I or 99.99% of the people out there. I gave you, and everyone else the short version of it. Please don't take it personally, I said it as much for you as anyone else that has the same concerns. But there are 2 reasons why it can't be exactly like the concept: safety and cost. Making everything exactly like the concept would be unsafe and cost too much. To make some things safer and still look like the concept would again bring more cost. So keeping that in mind, they have nearly pulled off a miracle to keep it as close as it is.

As for my impressions on this set, I'm glad that GM found a decent photographer . . . oops. I mean I'm glad that someone happened to be in the right place in the right time with a good camera and a steady hand. I wish that they would take all that camo off, but if these pics pre-date the order given by Bob Lutz then there isn't much that can be done. But beyond that, things are looking great.

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum

Last edited by DGthe3; 02-26-2008 at 01:23 PM. Reason: didnt like how I sounded
DGthe3 is online now   Reply With Quote