Thread: Traded
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
PitchBlack
(with a little chrome)

Drives: The Black Knight
Traded

I had posted recently about a torque converter going bad in my 2012 Camaro. I followed up that post with information that it had been over a week and a half since they had ordered the replacement part.

In short, my local dealer had ordered the part on March 22nd and the part did not arrive until April 6.

The local dealer and GM has been very nice in the correspondence I have had with them, but it still does not offset the fact that the car tore up with under 7000 miles on it and it took way too long to get a part delivered.

In addition, I had a chance encounter with a gentleman on the phone where he was trying desperately to get a meeting set up on his day off, because his car was in the shop for a torque converter issue. When I asked him what kind of car he had, he stated it was a 2012 Camaro with a V6 which is the same model I have. This just bolsters my thinking that there is a problem with these cars that GM has yet to publicly acknowledge, thus creating a shortage of replacement parts.

Anyway, the day after I got the car back, I traded it for a black 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara and it is an awesome vehicle.

Hate to lose the Camaro family, but sometimes you do what you have to do in order to ensure you have a rugged dependable vehicle.

[COLOR=seagreen]Mods Installed:
Backup sensors
American Racing Rogue Wheels
AAC LED Interior Light Kit

Ordered:
BlingLights Fog Light Kit
AAC Footwell Ambient Lighting Kit
Complete Lamp Protection Kit
(Smoked Finish)
PitchBlack is offline   Reply With Quote