View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 10:37 AM   #301
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmandoug1 View Post
All I can say about my new ZL1 is that everything seems very tight, the clutch, steering. Shifting (took a little getting used to). I seem to remember from my last clutch eons ago that it was a lift and shift. However i find the ZL1 shifts smoother with a little extra on the gas pedal. Does that maked sense to anyone,,,, It seems if I let up a little on the gas when I shift it gets a little clunky, but if I accelerate just a little bit extra it is very smooth. I have no issues seeing anything out of the windows, however adjust the side mirrors alot to get around that big fat a-- of hers. Tall cups in the center console don't bode very well for shifting,,,, I know trivial. The stitching on the shifter is giving me a blister on my right ring finger, Just have to remember to keep that finger higher up guess. Just fing beautiful to drive. Wife got challenged on the way to window tinting on Saturday by a mustang convertible, he came along side then slowed and went behind then up along the other side and gave the thumbs up and said beautiful ride. She was under strict guidance not to go over 4000rpms and stay in tour mode at all times,,,lol.
So basically, no lift shifting feels smoother than shifting normally?
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote