View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 01:30 AM   #283
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Drives: pontiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Ok.. so I went down to my favorite shop and we did a little whacking on the exhaust today...

Cut out the mufflers...

Put them on the scale... they weigh 24 pounds a piece!!!

We replaced them with a set of AeroTurbine AR25 Resonators:

Here is some very quickly shot and unedited video:

Solid take off..

Here's drive through the neighborhood:

Highway Ramps:

very poor track video:

In cabin video:

Ok... sounds good on start-up and has a really nice idle! At WOT it does thin out and get a bit raspy... but not terrible... Actually to me it sounded pretty good... Found that using the paddle shifters I can keep the sound in the sweet spot so to speak!

On the highway cruising along at 70 and no load the exhaust was still fairly quiet... No issue on the 90 minute ride home! Oh, and on the way home... once I got on the highway I set the cruise for 70MPH and then reset the trip computer... for the 60+ miles I was on the highway I averaged 31.4 MPG!!! At 70 MPH!!! I was amazed at the improvement! Normally at 70 my number were more in the 25 to 26 range....

Car also looks a LOT better! LOL!

First thing in the morning the car goes on the dyno to see if anything has changed....

And then it's off to the track!!!

Will post more info as soon as I can!

UPDATE!!!

MRT is going to price this kit at $499. Based on me looking around that seems very competitive with other similar axle backs with resonators/mufflers. The MRT axle back will be 304-T stainless steel including the hangers. Each side gets TWO hangers, like the stock muffler. This provides extra stability and easier centering.

MRT is now taking orders!!! Scott is also going to offer an introductory price of $429. For more information or to order yours you can call Kim at 734-455-5807.

Your won't fish tail and spin the tires at take off?
PercyJWellingtonIII is offline   Reply With Quote