View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 08:36 PM   #5
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-man View Post
Has anyone ever done a head-to-head-to-head... etc shootout of tire dressings?

I've read FL1CK's review of the Turtle wax black coating.
In the last few days I've read about "Dry Shine", "Tuf Shine" as well as "Powersheen"... probably others like them out there... non silicon based.

I'm not a huge fan of super shiny tires, my current favorite is the Titanium Matte spray on. But, if these others really last months, I'd likely switch. The Dry shine and Tuf shine appear to allow moderation of shine depending on how many coats you apply... so that might be good for me.

My idea would be to clean the tires of a daily driver (like my 09 Malibu, which sees 18k per year and drive thru carwashes...in Michigan)... then section (tape) each tire into however many sections needed for application. You would have to label and track everything well, and have a control section of no product. I would think doing 3-4 products you could see a good correlation as to which really lasted the longest.

So, back to the question... has anyone done it, or would anyone want to foot the bill for something like it?

I would like to see the results of this as well... thanks for the post! Subscribed!