View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 10:06 PM   #75
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

Mr. Hognutz -- I love ya like a brother -- and I'm grateful that you have a Z06 and that you chose to purchase a new ZL1 -- but I give up.

I spend a lot of time on this site answering questions.....but sometimes I'm not going to answer questions for one or more of many reasons.

All I can tell you is this: our powertrain and Camaro engineers tell us (that's you and me) that we should break the cars in for 1,500 miles.

Now - I don't know what your decision will ultimately be - but I can tell you that if I were purchasing a ZL1 - you can bet that I'd break the car in as the engineering community asked me to.

I'll say it again: We didn't just come up with this so that we can sit in a meeting and giggle amongst ourselves with a "...HAHAHAA!!! THEY actually bought this line!!!......"

Trust me -

The choice is up to you........BUT-- if you decide not to follow the break-in procedure and you blow something up - don't come on this site and start complaining.

I don't mean to be harsh, but I don't know what else to say to you. You can listen to the experts....or you can ignore the experts.
.....guys, follow the break in, read the manual, watch the ZL1 tutorials, understand, get to know, and figure out the car....theres much....much more to it than most are used to relating to, or being able to handle, unless they have an extensive background on driving cars such as the ZL1 in true high performance situations. We already have pics of banged up cars, due to driver error. Go easy with this ride, I think the break in is a caveat more likely targeted to get us oriented and familiarized with the abilities of this car so that we don't get pushed out of shape and have a bad day. I've driven on the fringe before,.... but I have had a few surprises with the ZL1 that enhanced my learning curve with the car that has taken me a bit beyond my data base.