View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 05:21 PM   #167
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
Please help me on this. I just left my dealer and was told there is a nationwide freeze on sending any parts tothe dealers to fix this battery problem. My car has been here since the 6th of may. Now they told me they will not get any parts (including the tape for the temp fix) until the 28th of May. Can anyone please shed light on this?? I am going crazy with this now. In the mean time my car is sitting in the showroom for all to see.
Hi -

I believe you, and I believe the dealer, but I don't believe that this is happening.

To me it makes much more sense to send the cars out AS IS to the dealers and have them fix this cable issue.

There are THOUSANDS of cars still sitting in Oshawa, mine included. I now believe that this stupid fix is costing them alot of time, and us alot of money. They should ship it to the dealers and let them fix it.

Yes, GM is specific on the type of tape that is needed, but COME THE F ON! There are plenty of different types of heat resistant tape and tubing that could be used to fix this issue. I bet it doesn't hurt to move the cable away from the engine to keep it even cooler.

Something is seriously wrong at GM - I'm not just talking about their finances - I am starting to think that the cars are behind held back for another reason - and forcing the dealers to keep the cars on the show floor by not shipping parts is slick.

Haole: If were you, I would go down to the dealers at 9am tomorrow morning and DEMAND my car. Recall or not, it is YOUR CAR, not GM's. Take it to ANY garage and show them the instructions and pictures for this repair (the official docs are available here at Camaro5.com) and have them do the repair for you. SCREW THE DEALER. They are taking advantage of you right now so they can get more orders. If you want them to continue to use your car as a show piece make them PAY YOU RENT.

I'm tired of GM, tired of the BS, and really F'ing TIRED of nobody at GM knowing where anyone's car is. Dealers, CSR, Head Honchos etc, know SWEET F ALL.
2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote