View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 08:17 PM   #58
infernostripes!

Drives: 2010 1ssrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2ss View Post
5GCRGV was doing that in the beginning, then the macallen group stopped showing up and in my opinion formed an off shoot group, I guess to far to drive, then the president stopped showing up, again I guess to far to drive, then only one remained! Not even other local cars showed up.

So for months the only meetings being scheduled are in Macallen, I voiced my thoughts and nothing changed.

Second, I am not a member of camaro5line (even though they have offered and I have considered it), it gives me a place to still hang out with some great guys and families who share what 5GCRGV was suppose to be doing upon its creation and somehow lost. we do parties at out houses, car shows and meetings on the weekends, we have some really good times.

They actually show up for car club events. So if things change I will surley be a part but i can't be the lone car at HRL, and Brnsville events.

Mike
I think everyone would agree you with you mike. It did die down. Everyone got busy or lazy but I believe everyone had their reasons. But that's the past and we are starting fresh. New decals, sponsors, and shirts. We also have picked up a good amount of new members and we are glad to have them along.

To fix the part about people not showing up we decided to mak bi weekly meets so we will only be meeting 2 times a month 1 time in lower and 1 time in upper. With that we believe it will be fair to everyone and we also think we will get a better turnout like this.

Oh and just to give you some proof that we are going strong we had 16 people show up to the last Thursday event!

Hope to see you soon.