View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #452
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny5cam View Post
Again, they compare a production car right off the assembly line"ZL1" against an aftermaket "Shelby"...apples to oranges. Why not compare the shelby with a, let's say a "Lingenfelder" ZL1! The ZL1 is close to 500lbs heavier, and has almost 100 less horsepower. The weight difference is good for a half second alone in the quarter! Did the writer ever once mention any of these facts? What a load of crap!...Even after all that was stacked against it i'd say the Camaro is still twice the car.

You do know the GT500 comes right off the assembly line right? Ford pays a license fee to Shelby to use the name. SVT Built the car.

Now, GT350, Super Snake, Shelby 1000. those are post title packages that you send your car to Vegas for and shelby will convert them. But the GT500 is a factory car, built by Ford.

And why are people still saying the GT500 can only go straight??? I think from all the tests it shows that it is a damn good track car too. It may not carry the speed into the corners, or be as easy to drive, but the numbers show it can handle itself in the twisties. The ZL1 does it with suspension and technology, the GT500 does it with power. Different approaches. So far the only thing that has surprised me in any of these reviews, is that the GT500 was able to do a faster lap around Laguna Seca. i fully expected the ZL1 to beat it around LS, because the track doesnt have a lot of long straights. That to me says that the GT500 is capable on a road course. A one trick pony it is not. Thats the only thing bugging me now, is people still saying it can only go straight haha.

again I would take either one.

Last edited by shaffe; 06-29-2012 at 09:28 AM.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote