View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 07:50 AM   #703
VTXFrank

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie View Post
For the hard core driving enthusiast attempting to defeat radar, ECMs like the AGM-88 High-speed Anti-Radiation Missile (HARM) could be deployed with wonderful results.
Sheiiiiit! With Japan's Fukushima Reactor #4 having the issues it does, and especially if they have another quake that further damages that reactor with all the stored rods, any HARM fired on the planet will immediately head to Asia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMSS#12 View Post
Let's all take this view of the match up. The average miles per hour in the States is 22. The average street is considered bumpy . My ZL1 literally drives like a Town Car in these conditions. The ZL1 is easier to drive than my 2011 SS. I rented a new Shelby when traveling. The ergonomics of that car were not nearly as friendly as the Camaro. The fit and finish was pretty weak. The ride in the Shelby was not anywhere close to comfortable, it took bumps in a jarring mess. I could have cracked a tooth on one road. To drive fast, the car must not bother you over bumps at any speed.
Wow, nice story bro. You make that up all by your lonesome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc7000 View Post
There are no doubt Mustangs with Chevy Small Block V8 engines in them around, some people have felt the need for that swap. In fact i did a youtube search LS1 Mustang and got 14,300 videos (though how many of these are duplicates or videos of the same car I don't know). LS6 Mustang got 2,590 results, LS2 3,650,etc..... though when I look for a mod motor in a Camaro or a Ford motor in a Camaro I can't find any of those videos.
And you won't due to the narrow engine bays. The Mod motors are so wide, you'd have to do some major modifications to lower one between the fenders of a Camaro or other Chevy cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon670 View Post
I just loved what he said : ............. the Brakes go on vacation !...... for the GT500 !

and yes, you don't drive each 1/4 mile at a time !
Very disappointing that the brakes go on lunch break so quickly. I'm sure that GT500 owners will address that issue with aftermarket parts pretty quick if they're tracking their cars.

As far as the "We don't drive a 1/4 mile at a time" statement goes, that's just a completely misleading, fanboyish statement that people use when they aren't on top in the performance categories. When do you EVER drive your car on the street like you do on a course like this one? You won't come anywhere near taxing the brakes like MT did in this review, so that point is a worthless and ignorant one to make.

Also, and don't get me wrong.....the ZL1 has some fantastic stock brakes compared to the GT500!!,.....but I wonder how well those brakes would hold up if the ZL1 had the same power numbers as the GT500? More power means having to reel in more forward energy which means physics wise, the GT500 outweighs the ZL1 when driven hard into a corner where late braking is preferred like on a road course or track. Higher entry speeds due to increased engine power means a LOT of heat.

Still though, I think Ford could, and should, have done a MUCH better job on the brakes.