View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 01:43 AM   #1061
Bad@ssCamaro
Ist State Chevy Supporter

Drives: 1SS/1LE...in 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
they perform well on the track for muscle cars. they do not compete at all with the gtr, z06, zr1. ford and gm gave us great straight line performance with average (at best) track performance. the other cars i mentioned would destroy the zl1 and gt500. i think we know what the gtr did to the zl1 and would do to the gt500 on the track.
They are also on a different price level, lest ye forget, thus the difference in dominance. Each vehicle has it's purpose, one must chose the vehicle to proceed with one's own desires, thus the variety of vehicles matches ones level of affordability as well as their subjective desires.

If GM and Ford wanted to compete with the GTR, they would have done so, but that is not the traditional market they are after. I think you should have left the Z06 and the ZR1 out of the equation since GM is not competing within it's own ranks,Though there is the possibility of cannibalizing some sales, but not enough to have a dramatic impact.
1976 LT Black/White 305 V8 (Bone Stock) except for Cragar chrome rims (yep - #2)
1985 Z-28 Black/Black 305 L69 M5(Bone Stock) I know: slow

Next Camaro:
CRT 1SS/RS/1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
CAFE STANDARDS! Get used to them or vote our electeds in Washington out of office...........

Last edited by Bad@ssCamaro; 07-05-2012 at 01:54 AM.
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote