07-23-2012, 09:39 PM
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Avon, Indiana
Here are the details from Citizens Water. There have been no changes for weeks as we have had very little rain. There are plenty of do it yourself washes in the area.
Customers should be aware that under the water use restrictions during a water warning, the following actions are unlawful under the Marion County Water Conservation Ordinance (Chapter 706).
- Sprinkling, watering, or irrigating of grass;
- Washing cars, trucks, trailers, mobile homes, railroad cars or any other type of mobile equipment, except as required by applicable local, state, or federal law for health or safety reasons;
- Using water to clean sidewalks, driveways, paved areas, structures, buildings, or other outdoor surfaces;
- Filling empty swimming pools;
- Installing new landscaping or new lawn by using sod until return to normal conditions are declared by the mayor;
- Using hydrants except for fire suppression or as otherwise directed by Citizens Energy Group; and
- Operating water fountains that are non-recycling.
Vegetable gardens and flowers may be watered every other day by container or hand-held hose equipped with a shutoff nozzle. It is also permissible to water trees once per week.
The following water users and water uses shall be exempt from the prohibitions noted above:
Automatic commercial car washes
Manual commercial car washes
Each customer shall be responsible for compliance with the ordinance with respect to the premises where the customer receives water service. If the identity of the water user cannot be ascertained, the customer with service at that address shall be liable for violations that occur on such premises.
Water Conservation Penalties are as follows:
- First violation in twelve-month period = $100
- Second violation in twelve-month period = $250
- Third violation in twelve-month period = not less than $500
- Fourth violation in twelve-month period = up to $2500 per day per violation
The Water Conservation Ordinance shall be enforced by the Indianapolis Department of Code Enforcement. (G.O. 15, 2009, § 1; G.O. 36, 2011, § 24)