View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #15
jph2275

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
I have had my SGM for a year now and love the car. I have had allot of compliments over the year. One that stands out in my mind is about a gate guard. One day coming through the gate she said nice car. I of course trying not to sound conceded say thank you and drove through. About two weeks later as I was leaving she screamed a woot type of call at my car. That was startling, as it was quite loud. I love my SGM as much if not more than the gate guard. As I too scream woot inside each day I get to drive it.

Anyway this leads me to my quandary. A close friend of mine knows I have been looking for a SGM M6 V8 for some time. I found one and the time was just not right for that purchase. Then I found another one and waited till a Friday and that was gone. So I am thinking about the new 1LE's. I can afford one in about 6 months. My wife does not want me to get rid of my car. As she likes the green. She even told me that if the 1LE came in SGM, that I could buy it no problem.

Truth is I really love my SGM. To get rid of it even for a better car I will feel sick to my stomach. Anyone owning a car ever feel this way. Knowing they love the car they currently own. But wanting another car and deciding to trade in the one they love. Maybe I should get a white 1LE and save the money for a SGM paint job. I was on the verge of purchasing rims for my car. Now.... I am going to wait it out....

DARN YOU GM!!!! Why do your cars have to keep getting better....

Here is hoping that GM doesnt do this to me again in six months. lol....
Reminds me of my dodge ram hemi rumble bee. I got it new from dealership, drove it off showroom floor, spent junior/senior year of high school in it and fresh/soph years of college in it. Made so many memories, everyone knew me because of the rumble bee (and if you know what a rumble bee is, you'd understand why they stick out as much as a sgm camaro). I put blood sweat tears and mods into it ...

THAN

This attractive nuisance called an STi came along and I just HAD to have it. Well, I sold the truck and got the STi. Than in a few weeks I was driving along the motor mile in Austin enjoying the nice blue alcantara seats in it and there *she* was at a Suzuki dealership getting ready to be test driven by some folks

Made me feel like I was watching another man hold my girlfriends hand

So eventually I lost interest in the STi, sold it, and still miss the rumble bee. Doubt I'll ever see it again :( its # was 3332. Maybe someday ...

Be careful, I live the regret. However, I was far more emotionally attached so ...

My .02

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
As long as it has enough horsepower, I don't really care if it's a 4, a 6, an 8, or a 10.
And I don't really car how they make the horsepower, whether it a Turbo, supercharged or just a whole lot of hamsters.
jph2275 is offline   Reply With Quote