View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #19
z28-conv

Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Great post "the_blur"

I would just like to add a few things. I have not purchased a car at MSRP for over twenty years. The info about the holdback not many people know about. I think it is about 3% of the invoice price. I will tell you there are certain times of the year that are the best times to buy a car. End of the year is best. My most recent purchase was a SUV. The MSRP was about 40,000 dollars. The dealers invoice price was about 32,000. I only paid 27$ over the dealers invoice price. SUV's were and may still be one of the most profitable to auto manufactures. I believe a suburban had the potential of 12k profit.
Now with that being said I have an order for a ZL1 vert. It is a very limited production vehicle and as some of you know some dealers are marking up the MSRP 5-10K. Well I'm happy that I'm not going to pay these inflated prices but also will not be able to get the car at dealer invoice. In this case a happy medium will be exceptible. When Im ready to buy a new SUV I will be able to make up the difference.

Oh yeah the destination charge is not negotiable. neither are taxes or tags.
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote