View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 11:02 AM   #118
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis View Post
Got my straight pipes put in today and all I can say is !!

No drone, no noticeable difference at highway cruising speeds, great idle and sounds like a beast when you get on it.

Perfect!
Any info about using a different metal than what the factory exhaust is? Do muffler shops usually carry the same type of material (not sure what it is) as the factory exhaust? That would be my only concern. Would the different metals really cause a problem.

Did you use the factory tips or have different ones put on? Any pics you can give as well?

Just out of curiousity what did you have to pay. Not that I think $200 is high....I would pay $200 in a heartbeat over the $1,500 Corsa wants for their cat back system (which from what I've heard in the videos doesn't sound any better).

Thanks for all the feedback. This is all great stuff. I would much rather put the money difference for an Air Filter or Headers or High-Flow Cats.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote