Old 06-04-2009, 10:26 PM   #14
2SSONLY
Leaverite!

Drives: FAST!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
I've NEVER used a leaf blower.

When I'm finishing washing, I;

1. Remove the nozzle and let the water pour from the hose to rinse - water "cascades" away, leaving less drying.

2. Get car in garage asap.

Use (1) 'Fieldcrest' "CHARISMA', white, 100% cotton towel, opened up, and gently pull across to remove excess water.

Use (1) (same as above) to remove any remaining wter.

Use a good quality bath towel to dry door jambs, trunk/hatch area, and under hood, followed by drying under rear/front bumpers, and finally below door jambs.

3. Use 'Rigid' shop vac to remove water from inside of mirrors, around side marker lights, and from between any body gaps, being very careful NOT to allow hose to touch paint surface.

4. Clean windows, apply tire dressing, etc., ending with a shot of Zaino Z-6.
As a firm believer in a back up system I bought the towels as recommended on the Zaino site. I also bought the toro leaf blower. Didn't use the leaf blower today, used the towels. All I can say about the towels is you need a lot of them. I bought two good sized bath towels and in the end, still needed to use the chamois. They were excellent for the detail though.

Looking foward to trying the leaf blower. I got a two speed so can control how much is blowing around. Hosing down the driveway prior to the wash will help control what debris could blow around. I do like the idea of being able to blow the excess water from around the lights, mirrors, grill, etc.

Glad to hear that some have used the method and agree with it. I expect I'll need to use a combination. Our water is VERY hard and spotting is really tough to prevent.

Did a search on the web for Zaino. Found an interesting link to someone who did a side by side comparison between Zaino and Meguiers.
#5336, 6M, Racing Bone Stock; lookn' to spoil.
can't cut a light...can't run the number...can't even quit.
2SSONLY is offline   Reply With Quote