View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 09:25 AM   #8
fastfreddie

Drives: 10' 2SS/RS (His), 10' 1LT (Hers)
Okay, so whatís next? I think some custom paint would look nice, right? I had witnessed some of Peteís (Mr. Showstopper) striping work and was very impressed. Since I have the IOM interior and IOM calipers, I felt like I needed to use IOM in the scheme somewhere. I decided to take some current pictures of my car and use Microsoft ďPaintĒ software to create sketches of my ideas I had in my mind. I created approximately 30 different sketches ranging from some form of a Rally Stripe theme to totally changing the look. I sent a few ideas to Pete and we traded several emails to come up with a final design.

As for color choice, I had always liked a white Camaro with black rally stripes so I knew I wanted to go towards the black more than orange. I also really liked the Carbon Flash color on the 45th Anniversary Edition Camaro. Pete thought using Carbon Flash as our main stripe color was a great choice so thatís what we went with, Carbon Flash striping with IOM outlines.

Letís start with a few process pictures to reveal Pete's secrets. Notice my scketch laying on the window in the second picture.

Name:  Front End Prep.jpg
Views: 3393
Size:  58.2 KB

Name:  Hockey Stripe Outlined.jpg
Views: 3421
Size:  97.0 KB

Name:  Hood Prep.jpg
Views: 3377
Size:  47.8 KB

Name:  Side Prep.jpg
Views: 3376
Size:  66.6 KB

Name:  Truck Lid Prep.jpg
Views: 3353
Size:  46.5 KB

Name:  Side Painted Orange.jpg
Views: 3371
Size:  71.4 KB

Pete had to remove the front end of the car for paint, so I decided to change out the front grill to a Heritage Grill. I made a quick call to GMPartsHouse.com and Patrick sent a pre-painted Heritage Grill to Peteís shop. Iíve also always liked the MPD1 rear spoiler so Pete scored one of those and incorporated it into the project as well.

I wanted to keep the bowtie on the front of the car, but it had to be color coordinated with the new striping. Lupe, from River City Creations & Lighting was the man for the job and created these awesome looking Bowties for me in Carbon Flash with IOM outline. After seeing how great the bowties looked, I called him back and asked for "CAMARO" side lettering in Carbon Flash as well.

Name:  23Bowties.jpg
Views: 3416
Size:  119.4 KB
fastfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote