View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 10:50 AM   #70
MiracleAces

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Yes they are convenient, but they wouldn't be allowed to operate in a member funded credit union if they didn't get you a lower price than if you entered the dealership...You are incorrect that you pay a higher price than if you went to a lot...The price and deal I got was lower than any dealership I personally went to offered...
Sure, I went to dealerships to get a first-hand look at the cars, and listened to the salesmen bs for the heck of it....But I wasn't going to go to 10 car lots and negotiate a deal that wouldn't be as good as the credit unions...
If a better deal were a sure thing at the dealership, these buying services would not exist...
Hey 90503 - definitely not trying to get into it with you, but I promise you I am not wrong. I am the Internet Director/ Sales Manager for a Ford and Chevy dealership (separate locations of course) and I am privy to the 37 current agreements Chevy has with various buying services. The only real agreement is that we must not sell to the client at a price higher than the agreed to pricing structure or add in frieght (no smoke and mirrors). There is nothing stopping us from selling for less than the agreed upon pricing structure. Dealerships do it all the time - otherwise there would be no competition. We just did a deal last night on a Spark where we practically destroyed the price the client received from their credit union's buying service.

The only reason the buying services exist is convenience and perception.

"Being persistant and never giving up may not always get the job done, but it just may annoy someone else enough to make it worth your while."
MiracleAces is offline   Reply With Quote