View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 10:56 AM   #2
NoSloSS

Drives: 2013 Mustang GT Premium
I think you'd be better with a good air impact. The electric ones just don't have the power to do the same jobs. Also you probably deal with a lot of road salt and grit up there which will make the lugs a bit more difficult to remove. You can find used impact guns pretty cheap and even get them at home improvement stores for a decent price. Another consideration is the PSI of your compressor, the higher the PSI the better torque your gun will have. The smaller the compressor the less PSI usually. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPT View Post
Well all these sales seem to have left me in a buying frenzy. Living in AK I'll do wheel swaps on three cars, twice a year. I already have some Impact drivers for wood working, fairly powerful ones. Though I'd need some adapter to get a half inch socket on there. Instead of trying to use a tool for a purpose it's not intended, what do you think of something like this? http://www.harborfreight.com/12-elec...nch-68099.html