Thread: The Mistress
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 12:53 AM   #1
2012REDSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
The Mistress

So Im finally getting around to creating this thread to document to start to current state of my car known as "Mistress".
Ill start with my return from deployment I had a 09 Silverado with the 5.3 and 1900 TVS that I took in for service and drove home with this. 2012 Camaro 2SS.

It didnt take long and I started the mods. Simple hood spears.

Along the way I purchased a set of 22 inch Foose Legands from a member and a black hood trying to get the 1LE look.

Threw some red spears on it to tie it into the car.

First performacne mod was a rotofab intake purchased from a member and Solo Hi-Cats and x-pipe.

Then came the Emblem Pros CAMARO lettering in black onyx and LS3 badge, black spoiler and black tail light trim rings.

Next was the NS-1 Stripes and LS7 black out.

The mod bug bit me again with a SLP UD Pulley, Chrome valve covers, and some paint work. Chrome Valve covers warped from the heat after a few trips down the ľ so some Holley Wrinkle black covers were installed.

About this time the drag racing bug got me so I traded the 22s for a set of powder coated stockers and bought a 18 inch vette replica wheel with Nitto 555r's for the strip. I also went with the high wing spoiler in black for some reason.

ZL1 Rear Sway bars and 1LE front Sway Bars followed alont with BMR toes and trailing arms.

After getting beat off the line by a few 5.0s with 3.73s the 1LE 3.91s, JRE Posi mod, LPW Diff Cover were installed.

During all this OBX LTs and High flow cats were added with Pypes Pype Bombs and a Magnaflow resonated x-pipe that was soon ditched for a 3 inch JBA Cat Back. Drone was terrible so Solo weld on J pipes were added to both systems.

I saw a members pics with the 22 inch TSW Nurburgrings and had to have them.

I took my trusty dremel tool and ported my own TB. May not be perfect but it does the job.

Finally I decided to add the Vortech V3 kit I purchased from RDP. Last pic before tear down next to my buddyís Solstice with a Hahn Stage 3 turbo kit.

Tear down begins.

UPS delivered the goods!

Started the install on the car. That SC bracket was a PITA.

While some guys will think itís a tragedy I cut a hole for the ZL1 Fuel pump.

I also added a MSD BAP and Iím sure I missed a few things along the way but you get the idea. She has came along way since the day I brought her home and swore I wasnít going to mod her. So much for that idea.

Last edited by 2012REDSS; 12-26-2012 at 01:07 AM.
2012REDSS is offline   Reply With Quote