View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 01:30 AM   #156
Vroom

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Hmm, think you're not understanding my point...its easy to make a car go fast in a straight line, just takes some money.
Making it endure Nurburgring at 7.40 takes skill and engineering...and lots of it. The fact the GT500 can barely beat a $37k car with 200 less horsepower speaks volumes. There are about a million mods you can do to a LS3 to make a Camaro do the 1/4 faster then a GT500...

As far as egotistical people who are busy living life "a quarter mile at a time"...just don't have time for those kind of people...
I don't race on public roads and anytime anybody wants to challenge me, I say "sure, lets go to the track"...they usually decline...they usually lack the skill and are worried about their "superior" cars breaking...

Guess you can look at it another way...Cars can accelerate, decelerate, turn left, turn right and endure....seems kind of ridiculous to declare your car superior against a car that can do ALL of those well, because you can do a quarter mile .3 of a second faster, yet suck at everything else...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 Mustang GT
last I checked its beaten the ZL1 on close to half of the tracks they have tested the GT500 against the ZL1...
Really? why not list those out for me and we'll review