View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #44
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
I just recieved the ported LS3 intake manifold that was said to be ported by CPR. I PM'd CPR to confirm if the ported job looked like theirs and if it's exactly where and how they do the porting.

Here are some pictures of the intake manifold:

The top:

The bottom:

It doesn't look like porting was done in each port from what I can tell, but there looks to be porting done on the inlet/opening (where the throttle body would attach to), as the surface looks like material may have been removed and scuffed up. However, it looks absolutely nothing like my VMAX throttle body porting job did. It's hard to compare a porting job from two different companies, but CPR's porting job looks so much different (and not necessarily in a good way), and I can't tell if this is CPR's normal porting job or not. I'm unsure if this intake manifold is ported professionally, as it may be, but I'm not impressed with the work, and how it compares to VMAX porting.

For those of you that know about porting jobs, please take a look at the pictures I posted in the link I provided. This will give you a great idea of what I'm talking about.

So, now I need to figure out what to do. I will wait until I hear back from CPR to see if this porting job is in fact theirs, or if its someone else's porting job, as that would mean the difference between getting my money back and shipping this back to the seller, or keeping the product. If this porting job is CPR's, then the seller would be selling a CPR LS3 ported intake, which was described correctly, so it wouldn't be their fault, and the product was described properly. We'll see what CPR says.

I do wish this intake was sent cleaned before it shipped though, LOL. There is tons of oil in this thing. A huge thanks to the seller for packaging the manifold correctly though, as bubble wrap and paper was used for added safety. I truly appreciate that.

Thanks

Last edited by TCAT; 01-12-2013 at 07:58 PM.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote