View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 04:36 PM   #6
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Well, decided to get blu-ray too so I got a PS3, and bought NHL 2013.

Nothing simple about it. It's quite complex and difficult to play. So many features I don't know what to do...except I'm making a 1971 Bruins team and a Charlestown Chiefs team, and all the players. You can choose the type of skates a free agent has, what he looks like, what stick he uses, which has a dynamic based on curve and type, plus the player's weight and height, you can choose a name for the player that the play by play announcers will use, my last name is even on the list, design your own team logo, type of jersey, colors, etc

You can set rules, etc

You have to aim your shots with one stock as you use the other to actually shoot, two types of passes, you can manually deke, skate backwards at will, fighting is first person, play against the boards involves caging the puck or trapping your opponent, then digging the puck out or waiting till the play is dead, faceoffs can be taken forhand or backhand, or you can just tie up the other center, you can crowd him in the circle, you can pretty much do it all and I'm overwhelmed. Very detailed and frustrating to remember all the inputs to do anything which means it's pretty awesome, really