Thread: sirius(ly)
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 07:25 AM   #20
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by navyflyer72 View Post
This whole merger thing has been a crock. I have 2 Sirius subscriptions (mine and my wife's), mine is a lifetime subscription, so I no longer have a monthly fee. (This is one of the reasons that I want to get Sirius in my Camaro). The other reason is because I got Sirius for Howard Stern.

I really think we should petition Sirius/XM and GM and get them to develop a plug-n-play converter box for GM so that we (the loyal GM and Sirius fans that we are) can enjoy the best of both worlds (Auto and Audio) without having to chop up our brand new Camaro's to duct-tape, velcro, screw radios all over the cockpit! Not to mention the antenna issue, my understanding is that the XM antenna factory installed on the Camaro is not compatible with the Sirius signal... hmmm.

I will start the petition if people are interested, hey mods, can we make this a poll?

Regards,
George
They do make antenna adaptors to use the XM antenna with the siruis box on cars that they offer the converters for. Maybe they will still offer the converter eventually.....
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Daily Driver
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1993 Volkswagen Fox - Race Car (yes seriously)

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote