Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat
I've added these notes for myself about the RCS options for the 1LE based on the manual. I found the paragraphical form too hard to remember. Read your manual due to all the warnings.
These options are for experienced track racers:
Three Ride Control Settings:
Traction Control System (TCS)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- StabilTrak System
- Competitive Driving Mode
- Limits wheel spin.
- Uses engine and brakes to control spin during acceleration. All driving speeds. Maximum driver control.
- Signals throttle to reduce drive wheel torque.
- Applies brakes during acceleration in certain conditions (e.g.: pavement to ice).
- Turn off when stuck in sand, mud, snow, deep snow, loose gravel to assist a lower speeds.
Competitive Driving Mode
- Electronic stability control.
- Assists with directional control of vehicle.
- Activated when computer senses a discrepancy between intended direction and vehicle's actual direction.
- Applies pressure at any one of brakes to help vehicle steer to the intended direction.
- Allows increased performance while accelerating and/or cornering.
- Regulates and optimizes the engine, brakes and suspension performance.
- Available with Competitive Driving Mode
- Achieve high levels of vehicle acceleration in a straight line.
- Form of Traction Control that manages wheel spin when launching.
Here's how to leverage these systems by turning them OFF/ON:
Thank you for the reminders and the information on these systems. It definitely benefits the community.
Chevrolet Customer Service