View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #35
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
I wouldn't think going from your stock suspension to the SS would be a significant enough of a change to warrant timing but I don't know. I know my ride height was dropped an inch and the timing definitely benefited me. Prior to my ride just seemed to be harsh but not bouncy as you suggest. The timing made my ride smooth and I could tell the difference. As a rule of thumb, when ride height is altered up or down, the bushings should be timed or re-****ed.
Now lowering a car seems to always decrease the ride comfort you had from the factory and with lowering there are some sacrifices that are just tolerated or are known for the look. I would say timing can't hurt so what do you have to loose? The bouncing of the ride that you describe sounds like maybe the previous owner try to do a poormans lowering by jacking the car up and heating up the springs and slowly lowering the car on the jacks until the desired height is observed and then holding the jacks at that spot until the springs cool. This can cause a bouncing of a car and I've seen this in some cars where the bounce all over the place. I hope this is not the case with what you have.

Praise the Lowered!