View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 09:23 PM   #32
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...but of course, there are no guarantees in anything.... But for the life of me, I see no fortune in GM making any decision that would include a Z/28 along with the ZL1 in the same lineup....somebody's gotta go...especially going into 2016 with a LT1 and LT4 option. Once the C7, and CTS announces powerplants we will get a little clearer insight. I see contraction, rather than expansion.
That's the problem right there, lack of viable power plants that GM is willing to use outside of the Vette. The Vette will get its motors and the Camaro will get the scraps GM is willing to let fall off the Vette's plate. They will have the V6, base V8 and high performance V8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Then why build a ZR1 and a Z06 for the Corvette which is a niche vehicle produced in much lower numbers than the Camaro?
As the 5Gen Camaro ages and its main competitor offers a new generation GM needs to "build" excitement for the 5Gen not throw in the towel.
Because the Corvette is the halo car. It is their main performance car and main concern when it comes to high performance. If there was no Corvette, the Camaro would be treated like the Mustang. It would get what ever engine the designers could come up with.

GM is willing to throw in the towel when it comes to the Camaro. They already did once. They would do it again just as easily IMO.
Bhobbs is online now   Reply With Quote