View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #606
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 717Stunna View Post
Everyone talk about the Ls7 camaro but i think the twin turbo V6 is going to be a beast its lighter and handles amazing
You and I have very different definitions of what a beast is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 717Stunna View Post
yea 505hp stock is great but you can do alot more more to a twin turbo v6 trust me you can put bigger turbos tunes and bolt ons and destroy a LS7 no disrespect a v8 LS7 is great but its to heavy and in this day in age its the lighter the better
You can do twice as much when you've got twice the displacement. After all, you can do all those things that you just mentioned for an LS7, or any V8 for that matter.

And I'd like to know how you think this TTV6 will be so so sooo much lighter than the LS7. The LFX V6 is something like 360 lbs straight away, compared to about 440 lbs for a similar LS7. Rule of thumb says that when a manufacturer goes forced induction it'll add 75 lbs or so to an engine. So a TTV6 is going to weigh almost exactly the same as an LS7. Best case scenario is that there will be a difference of perhaps 20 lbs. While that would make for a better handling car, the difference is going to be less 'OMG, this is teh bestest evar!!11!' and more 'Are you sure this handles better?'

Methinks you've watched the video on the Leno Camaro 1 too many times.

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote