View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #1
Sharp-ZL1
MSG,Retired US. ARMY

Drives: 2012 ZL1, 2011 XC 90, and XC70
Arrow Simba's Build [COTW 5/13/13]

It has been my dream to have a muscle car. So I figured after 29 years in the United States Army. I deserve to by this car as my retirement present to self. I have only had a few older cars that you might consider a Hot rod. But nothing like this. Now that I am 50 I can appreciate the power and styling of the Muscle car and not go out and destroy it on the first drive. I worked with John Fitzpatrick and Al Oppenheiser to ensure that I was able to get an allocation and they really helped out. They even drove 80 miles to come and sign my car for me.
So now that I have my Dream car time to start making it better.
I just retired from the U.S. Army in Aug of 2012. After I took delivery in June 2012 then shipped her to Germany where I am currently living. I hopefully will be staying in Germany for another 4 years before returning to the USA.
I just wanted to have 600 RWHP. So I did some research and made my list. Here is what I come up with and the pictures of the build
Here is SIMBA Named in memory of our departed Siamese Cat.
Attached Images

2012 Camaro ZL1 #151, GCN, Dyno results 620 RWHP
Mods; 2.55 Pulley, CAI, LG Cam Package Ti Springs and 9G2X Cam, RX Can, KDI Heat exchanger, Hurst shifter, Orcale Ghosted marker lights, Kooks Long tube headers with Cats deletes and Tuned by Kraftwerks, Pedders 1 inch lowering Springs, Front and rear sway bars, Rear cradle bushing, BMR Trailing arms and toe rods.

Lambo door kit waiting to be installed.

Last edited by Sharp-ZL1; 02-13-2013 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Updated write up
Sharp-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote