Thread: ZL1 tires
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 09:12 AM   #70
Misterleeman

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callchuck View Post
I bought my 2012 ZL1 last June from the local dealer in Cumming Ga. They knew I was buying my ZL1 as an everyday driver which I have been doing since I bought it. I love the car but as noted, the tires wore out after 6000 miles. I called GM on another matter about a possible recall on my ZL1, and this is where it all started. They asked me if I had any other issues with the car and I told them that the tires were already worn out and I drive it like and old man. The car has never seen a race track for track day and no burn outs on the street. I have been racing in the SCCA and NASA race series for over 10 years and still have one of the race cars parked in the garage that we still race. Anyway, they told me to take it to the dealer and have them inspect the tires. They inspected the car and reported to GM that is was Normal wear and nothing was wrong With the car or tires. It was not until then when I went back to the dealership that the service manager showed me the memos about the tires. I felt like the car was misrepresented when I purchased it because it was never disclosed this car cannot be driven in 40 degrees or colder weather. It is always 40 degrees or colder in Atlanta this time of year. Driving this car everyday and the dealership or GM never notifing me is a big concern. Without having any winter tires available for this car I am screwed.
Were the tires worn out (down to the wear bars), or were they cracked and ruined ? If they were the latter, than I believe GM/dealership should do something for you.

Performance tires wear out fast. Getting to the wear bars at 6k miles seems a little unusual, but not impossible with these tires.
Misterleeman is offline   Reply With Quote