View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #46
atma
disco kryptonite

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Ya, pretty aware of that. But here's the thing... now it's down to numerical gains. There's no point in sweating OTR if the effects of true ram air are negated so that it's just another intake. At this point, the only obvious measure for the New Era is that the intake doesn't ask the air to make any turns before entering the plenum. So basically, without another true ram air kit for the twelves being available, I'm shopping for real gains.

But what's still up for debate for me is how this can't be tuned out from the '12s allowing for ram air. I'm still having a real hard time grasping this from the minimal information available.

OK, didn't know if you were keeping up on this whole thing. I have the same questions as you, but not sure I understand the whole process enough to understand even if someone gave me a full and honest explanation. It does seem odd that Vararam hasn't made a peep basically since we saw their prototype at C5FestIII. Perhaps Maryland Speed k nows something (they were the ones displaying the prototype, i believe).