View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 01:28 PM   #258
Tribute

Drives: 2012 SLP ZL770 #17 (Hugger Orange)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
I would keep heritage grill black along with chrome tips.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
And do top black like retro photo
Hey CamaroI - I appreciate your suggestions... I actually decided on painting the Heritage Grill Hugger orange as well. We did a few renders with that and the black out area in either gloss or flat black. It pulled away too much from all the stripes. Also, I felt in the end it is closer to the Heritage Camaro it is paying tribute to with it painted Hugger to match.

The exhaust tips, I wanted to try something different. There is another member out here that blacked out his exhaust tips (D0truji) on his ZL585 and it really looked great. I actually took the image of his rear and we applied the Hugger Orange and it's really going to look great. Also, in talking with SLP their high end Panther has tinted bezels, so we wanted to do a few things to differentiate from the other ZL models. Also, the goal with this car was to have no Chrome at all. Everything that was once chrome is either now scuffed and repainted or Onyx material now. Including the badging.

Here is the render of what it should look like a little closer up. (Thanks D0truji)

The black top on the Heritage Camaro is actually old school cloth/leather top. We did do a render with the top black and it just didn't flow right.