Thread: Brake ducts
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 08:19 AM   #17

Drives: RY 2011 2SS A6
Originally Posted by bannonm View Post
Make them yourself. I'm finishing my custom belly pan now, and then the brake ducts are next. I've already test run 2-1/2 duct and that's about the biggest you'll be able to run through the engine compartment and right up to the hub. I just bought spare dust shields at $5 ea and using 2-1/2" coupling for exhaust system at $3 each. This will be cut and welded to the dust shield to attach the hose.

For the intake, I'm using a brake duct headlight mount. I'll need 3" to 2-1/2 adapter since I have not found mounts with 2-1/2" fittings. This will be mounted to the left and right of the lower grille area. There's a plastic air damn that can be cut and the headlight mount attached.

Here's a picture of how the dust shield would like (not from a Camaro). Once I finalize how I'm doing this, I'll post the pics.
How's the brake duct project going? Could you post some pics and a par list of exactly what you bought? This kind of info would be really helpful. I am also concerned about routing through the engine bay as I have some other stuff going on down there (SC coolant lines, oil cooler lines) and would love to see where yours would route. Thanks man!

Dry sump LS7, welded cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 305/30R19 Re11 tires, remote oil cooler, JPSS splitter, CAI, brake ducts.
SSSoon is offline   Reply With Quote