Thread: Z28 in 2014?
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #53
Bhobbs

Drives: 1998 Camaro Z28, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...markets are downsizing because of tighter market shares and economic downturn reasons. Same as the simple explaination is that we don't have 6 divisions or so of products anymore, and 16 color options., That old model does not work. WE know the ZL1 morphed form the initial intent of resurecting the Z/28. Let's get back to the face of Chevy and basics, who really cares about a ZL1? How long has it been made? It's a replacement for the iconic GM muscle car...why carry a halo performer in the Camaro lineup other than Z/28? What impact has it to anyone who knows anything about what if was in the past and any meaning it has it has to us now? Can the limited market share<and price> be sustained over time? It's a 100th year of Chevy tip of the hat product design that Chevy can showcase... and they can do this thing whenever they see fit. It's here, they did it, better off retiring it, and moving forward with the Z/28 only I say. And make it what they wanted it to be before the economic collapse.
So you think Chevy should give up on the supercharged Camaro vs supercharged Mustang and focus only on the Z/28 as the top Camaro? I think we mostly agree on supercharging not belonging on the Z/28 or the ZL1 would still be a Z/28. For the future Z/28 to dominate as it should, GM would have to abandon giving the Camaro the lesser engines and share engines directly with the Z06. If the LT series is truly capable of delivering a 600 HP N/A 7.0 liter and drop that in the lighter, alpha based 6th gen, that would decimate plenty of competition, domestic or high priced import. The big issue is I just don't see GM doing that. The Corvette is the halo car and will always be separated from the pack.