Thread: Z28 in 2014?
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #59
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...markets are downsizing because of tighter market shares and economic downturn reasons. Same as the simple explaination is that we don't have 6 divisions or so of products anymore, and 16 color options., That old model does not work. WE know the ZL1 morphed form the initial intent of resurecting the Z/28. Let's get back to the face of Chevy and basics, who really cares about a ZL1? How long has it been made? It's a replacement for the iconic GM muscle car...why carry a halo performer in the Camaro lineup other than Z/28? What impact has it to anyone who knows anything about what if was in the past and any meaning it has it has to us now? Can the limited market share<and price> be sustained over time? It's a 100th year of Chevy tip of the hat product design that Chevy can showcase... and they can do this thing whenever they see fit. It's here, they did it, better off retiring it, and moving forward with the Z/28 only I say. And make it what they wanted it to be before the economic collapse.
Yes, it's much less expensive to offer more options for a car than to add another car or a whole other division selling the same car restyled, but under a different name. So I beg to differ adding more available optioning to the Camaro will only inflate the customer base and profits not the cost.