View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 06:52 PM   #20
Hide! My wife's coming!
Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Originally Posted by Ultimate Performance View Post
When you put the shifter in M(sport mode) it will shift by itself. Once you put the shifter in M(sport mode), click the + paddle and you are then in control of shifting the transmission.

I think that's what you're asking[/QUOTE

I would also like to add, once you touch the tap shifters in M- Sport mode (it switches you over to manual mode). You must now shift the car yourself until you move the shifter back up to D (regular drive).

When I'm done using the paddle shifters, I move the shifter quickly up to D and then back to M (Sport mode). I pretty much use M (Sport mode) for most of my daily driving. I rarely use the paddle shifters. But sometimes the paddel shifters are fun to play with. I also like using the paddle shifters when I want to hold first gear when rolling slowly off the line.

And make sure you time the shifts properly when using the paddle shifters. There's a slight delay on the shifts so you can end up hitting the fuel cut off/redline if you're not paying close attention to your rpms.
You know you don't have to shift from M to D to get out of the paddle shift setting. Just hold the + shifter for a few seconds and it will revert back to M Auto
2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible CRT - 630 RWHP / 620 RWTQ - ADM Performance Built/Tuned - ZL-700 Package - LS9 CAM - Lingenfelter CNC Ported Heads - Stainless Power Headers
Camero5 is offline   Reply With Quote