03-21-2013, 11:51 PM
Seeking 9s on M6...
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3 aka "BlackWidow"
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston, TX
PMJ's 2SS/RS Whipped 416 M6 aka BlackWidow [COTW 6/10/13]
I've always been a Camaro fan, particularly the 1st gen and 3rd gen. I never owned one. When the 5 gen came out I fell in love, but it wasn't really practical at the time for a family of 5. I turned 40 last year and decided I was going to buy myself a Camaro for my birthday (I know…that's never happened before).
When I bought the car (mid May 2012) I had no idea what I was getting into. My plans were new wheels and exhaust...nothing else. It is unbelievable how difficult it was to find rims to fit the offset and clearance for the brembo breaks... As a result I scoured the internet bound and determined to find what I was looking for. Low and behold I stumbled on Camaro5…
Still not sure if that was one of the best things I’ve stumbled on, or one of the worse… But for a guy who is handy w/tools but never really worked on cars (besides oil and brakes), I’ve done more things to my car in 9 months than I’ve ever imagined.
It cracks me up to think my first purchase was flowmaster cat back American thunder. I paid $150 to have them installed. A few weeks later I read someone’s signature on camaro5 about “having someone else work on your car and bragging is like paying someone to ….. your wife and then bragging about the kids”. And since that day everything has been done in my own garage. I have nothing against performance shops, in fact I stop in to discuss things with them all the time, I just found I really enjoy working on my car and seeing the results. As many times as I’ve pulled the exhaust system on and off, including changing to the Corsa black diamond tips…it cracks me up I paid to have the first system installed.
Besides a lot of great DIY and ideas to improve looks and performance of your car, I made the mistake and I started reading about….Drag Racing!! BIG mistake…Talk about addicting! The first time I went to the track all I had was a CAI cold air intake and the cat back exhaust. My goal was to get in the lower 13s. I got beat by a Mustang, but then actually whooped an early 2000s Shelby. I decided getting beat sucked…winning was much more fun. Most of the cars that night were running high 12s and slower, so my new goal was to get into the 12s…this was essentially the beginning of the end…I was officially hooked.
Let the spending begin…$$$$
Here are my current performance/nonaesthetic mods:
- Cold Air Inductions CAI w/Apex scoop
- OBX LT Headers 1 7/8 w/high flow cats (now hollowed cats)
- Whipple 2.9L 2.75" pulley /10 rib kit
- TPiS 102mm Throttle Body
- RX catch can
- 3 bar map sensor (ZR1)
- ZL1 Fuel Pump & ADM FPCM
- FIC 1000cc
- Alky Control Meth Kit
- Corsa catback Black Diamond tips
- Brian Tooley Blower Cam "stage 3"/custom
- Brian Tooley Springs, Push rods, Trunions
- Ported LS3 heads w/50 degree valve - flowing 345
- 416 Engine 9.9:1- H Squared Racing Engines in Houston, TX
- Wiesco 15cc dished pistons
- h-beam Compstar Rods
- Callie's compstar 4.0" crank
- ARP Head/Main Studs
- LS9 gasket
- Coat bearings, rod, main
- Piston skirts coated
- LS 7 lifters
- billet double roller timing set
- New higher volume LS4 Oil Pump
- Iconel racing exhaust valves - higher heat
- 3/8" push rod
- Custom coolant bridge
- Custom RPM level 6 TR6060 transmission w/power 5th and 6th gears
- Mickey Thompson drag radials 18" - make that 17" slicks & skinnies
- Lorenzo WL28 18" wheels - now Bogart GT black powder coated
- Innovate O2 wideband sensor/gauge
- Aeroforce guage
- Hurst roll control brake line lock
- McLeod RXT clutch
- Prothane motor mounts
- Fastlane 4 point roll bar
- Schotch 5 point harness
- ZL1 driveline performance kit
- RX Super Chiller
- BMR Trailing Arms
- BMR 1" drop springs
- BMR Bushings - BK030, BK023
- Pedders ZL1 front and rear sway bars
- Hex Vents black color match (these actually did reduce lift at 150+ mph...so partial performance mod)
- Badge/emblem delete
- Blackout fog light covers
- Tint windows
- Black Billet bowties
- Black (color match) bevel rear taillights
- Headlight armor tinting
- Splash guards
- SS Floor mats
- Aluminum fuse box cover
- Corsa Diamond Black tip exhaust
- JDB DRL harness/Oracle LED daytime running lights
- Grey full body and hash stripes
- Oracle ghost side markers
I've also added some current pics since i got my new grill, diamond black tipped corsa exhaust installed. I also have a pic included with my dance shoes on (MTs)...
Last edited by PMJ; 12-08-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Reason: Updated pics w/new grill.