View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #13
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
Here's the info as written by GM for the 2011's. I was given a copy of it when I took my 2012 in for the same issue, but can't seem to find it now.

Here's a link to the service bulletin issue I was able to find on the web. And yes, acocrding to the document it is ONLY on the convertibles.

http://www.archivedsites.com/techlin...tle-noise.html

Text from article:
Exhaust Rattle Noise

By Blog Post on June 1, 2011 9:59 PM | No Comments

The 2011 Camaro Convertible SS equipped with the 6.2L engine (RPO L99) and the 6-speed automatic transmission (RPO MX0) may have a metallic or spring-type rattle noise that is usually heard at idle when parked next to a wall or when pulling into or out of a garage.

The exhaust system for the 2011 model year has been revised to reduce exhaust noises heard during Active Fuel Management (AFM) mode. This revision includes a spring-loaded valve placed in the exhaust system before the muffler. (Fig. 15)

t is characteristic of this spring-loaded valve to make some noise during engine operation or when tapping on the exhaust pipes. No parts should be replaced or repaired for this noise.

photo from article
Attached Images