View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 02:12 AM   #16
Sharp-ZL1
MSG,Retired US. ARMY

Drives: 2012 ZL1, 2011 XC 90, and XC70
Yea I had them Installed by the dealer for free. That was the best part.

Ok so today I decided that it was time to install the Hurst shifter that I had for about two months now. I read the instruction and watch the Hurst install video about three times. I am ready to do this.

I drive to the Auto Craft shop and remove the Console and then the four screws that hold the shift boot in place. Next is says to pull hard and not hit yourself in the face when it come off. I did this for an hour of trying this with no movement. I even found the biggest guy in the shop to try. No luck. So I think that there must be something holding it on. So I start peeling (breaking the Plastic base that holds the boot on. Finally I see a torx bolt. I remove that bolt and with my pinky remove the shifter knob and boot.
This was an easy install after figuring out that bold. It made a huge difference in the shifting distance.

Install of the header is next.

Pictures below.
Attached Images

2012 Camaro ZL1 #151, GCN, Dyno results 620 RWHP
Mods; 2.55 Pulley, CAI, Toe Rods, RX Can, KDI Heat exchanger, Hurst shifter, Orcale Ghosted marker lights, Kooks Long tube headers with Cats deletes and Tuned by Kraftwerks, Pedders 1 inch lowering Springs, Front and rear sway bars,.
Parts waiting to be installed. rear craddle bushings.
Parts Ordered. LG Cam Package with 9G2X cam
Sharp-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote