04-06-2013, 11:09 PM
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
RubyCamaro origins & the journey continues
Okay, I pushed some of my clubmates into starting their journals and now some of them are pushing me. I just never thought Ruby was really the sort of show or performance machine worthy of a build thread. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissin' Ruby, I love her, but I am not delusional either. My finances don't allow me to put the mods into her that I'd love to. But Slowly I will get it done.
First, It is necessicary to recall how I ended up with a Camaro at all. I have posted that story before but I will repost it here.
I was looking for a new car as my 2002 Intrepid had 130,000 mi on it. We had looked at a lot of different makes/models of cars & test drove many, but I didn’t like anything I had seen. Then one day my husband, Mike, drove home a Crossfire he had bought just for a toy without talking to me first. I was livid & said “Okay, it is on! I’m getting whatever I want now”. I took a day off determined to test drive everything I ever thought I wanted. My brother-in-law had suggested I should get a Camaro. I was not taken with the initial pics I saw of it. I just thought it looked angry. I drove lot of cars that day including the Camaro. When I drove the Camaro I immediately got this OMG feeling & the permagrin set in. That evening Mike asked me about each car & I told him my likes/dislikes of each. When I talked about the Camaro I was excited & Mike said I just lit up. He said he could tell that if I got anything else I was not going to be happy. I was mad at the sales chick at our local dealership because of the way she treated me. The following Saturday we drove to another dealership where on-line they had one in the color I wanted (the only thing I knew from day 1 I wanted in a new car was the color). It was gone but the dealer was desperate to sell something as interstate construction was taking a big bite out of their sales. The salesguy sat me down with a computer & went through every option asking me exactly what I wanted. They found me one exactly like I wanted & gave me a killer deal so I bought it. They had to go to Michigan to get it. Thursday afternoon I drove Ruby home & have been in love with it ever since.
First a pic of me when I bought Ruby. Then one of the Crossfire that was the reason I got her.
Current mod list:
1) GM body color quarter flares (mud guards)
2) Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
3) Elite Engineering Oil Catch Can
4) Borla Exhaust
5) Convex blind spot mirrors – both sides
6) Drake Muscle Car Machined fluid caps
7) Drake Muscle Car strut tower covers
8) Drake Muscle Car Chrome Camaro door sill plates
9) Camaro license plate frame
10) locking license plate fasteners
11) Huper Optic Nano Fusion Ceramic window tint
12) Lorenzo WL021 Matte Black/Machined wheels custom powdercoated RJT
13) Faulken FK452 Tires
14) Red valve stem caps
15) Wheel locks locking lug nuts
16) Team LLT badges
17) Chrome back-up light surrounds
18) Oracle RJT Side Marker lights
19) Chevrolet/Camaro exec. signatures on shock towers
20) Apex Washer bottle relocation kit & Intake scoop
21) V-Max Ported Throttle Body
22) Black Iceolator
23) Painted Manifold
24) Engine felt cover removed
25) Pedder's rear sub frame bushing inserts, raduis rod bushing inserts
26) Pedder's rear sway bar & end links
27) OEM Halo lights
28) BMR front sway bars & end links
29) American Racing Headers long tube headers, high flow cats & specially designed H-pipe
30) HP dyno tune (by BMR High Performance)
Heritage grill or ZL1 grill?
Special paint job (surprise planned)
Last edited by RubyCamaro; 08-03-2014 at 10:54 PM.
Reason: adding mods