View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 11:23 AM   #22
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
Drives: 2016 Z06?
Originally Posted by Forty5th View Post
I don't think that's the question, Doc. The Z/28 at the 1/4 is not the be-all end-all question... just a simple query by the OP on what it can do in the 1/4 and it's not taking away at all from its primary objective and principal intent for use--> at the road course/track/circuit. So in the spirit of the OP's question, let's keep the context within the OP's scope... @ what do you think it can do in the 1/4 mile strip? We all know the Z/28 is going to surprise many highline manufacturers once the track times are tested & revealed.

The magazines will do the usual test including 0-60, 1/4 time & mph, 60-0, etc. it will be interesting. I think it will perform quite well in all test. I'd love to see a less than 100' 60-0.

P.S. for those so freaked out about weight, Al O. said around the track (I guess where they were testing) removing 250 lbs. from the Camaro resulted in only a 1 second gain. He said wayyyyyy more was gained from better braking, handling and power. Yes weight is the enemy, but it can be subdued.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote