View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #12600
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
...and to that end, perhaps some of you gentlemen would be so kind as to help me out here with the "bigger picture"....

I'm not that familiar with the Corvette line....They seem to come up frequently in regards to the Z/28...Trying to get a handle on why the Corvette's "influence" on this thing is in the mix as much as it is...

Is it a choice for track times?...A choice based on pricing?...A desire for the similar engine?....Is the Z/28 stepping on the Corvette's image or something?....Hopefully you get my drift...Not being negative...

To me, they seem like two different cars completely...Not seeing why the Corvette is such a factor here...

Slam me if you want...(don't worry, I won't become a regular in this thread...lol)...But any basic thoughts would be helpful...Thanks, Tom

...or, just ignore this post completely...lol...
In this thread you will not be ignored or slammed. It's just not our style.
Quickly now (I'm slammed today leaving for a weeks business show), the pricepoints are comparable. The Z/28 would be a toy for me. No need for utility. The new Corvette is OUTSTANDING! They will be close in capabilities. Hence the quandry (though I am a Camaro guy first).