View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #107
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
my tv is mounted in the trunk lid, real issue with that...the verts have a key in the back seat that allows the manual release as the verts don,t have a folding back seat...but the cable would be very long and could prove to be a challenge...we are gonna pull the shop camaro latch out and take a look at what we can do...i have tons of electrial in my trunk-ps3-tv-2 batteries 2 nos tanks-invertor amps and much more ,dropped trunk pan with a 2 gallon fuel cell..last thing i need is some sort of electrical fire that shorts out my trunk release with no way to open trunk and put out any possible fire{ worse case scenario} but u get my drift...have noticed that the bowtie on trunk lid is directly in front of latch...we use some super strong magnets for special applications...my hope is to be able to drill a hole behind the bowtie and be able to use some sort of tool to pop trunk or add a recessed key switch{ unlikely but hopefull}, then seal the hole we drill and plug with a super tight smooth plug, and add super stong magnets spaced along back of bowtie{ which now has the adhesive tape} so we can pull it off if needed to access the hole to manual open trunk..will get more into it next week, and let everyone klnow what we come up with