Thread: LS7 1LE
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #85
Bad@ssCamaro
Ist State Chevy Supporter
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 5,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
I agree, I don't care what Europeans think about our cars.

This I don't agree. Reason being is with maybe the exception of Ferrari and Lamborghini, those mentioned among OTHER foreign cars play a major role in track racing TODAY. This is NOT Chevy Camaro vs ford and dodge. Those days are long gone! The corvette is racing against all the euro cars you've mentioned and the camaro is getting its feet wet in track racing these models though that's short lived....
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
because the camaro will be put into a group with track ready cars like porsche...thats why it matters. its out of any classes here in the US market... so now you need to find cars to compare it against....not to mention its higher price will throw it right out of most comparissons of US cars...... you tell me who it should be compared to?
You guys are talking about the 2%'ers, I'm talking about the other 98% that just want a Camaro for everyday driving. I'm not sure if you realize this but we aren't really competing when those of us have cars that take it to the road track for HPDE sessions. You're looking for optimal performance when you do and to get the most bang for the buck, and in that regards, we have those euro boys beat by a mile when comparing new to new.

You can't compare a Camaro to Porsche in one sense because they are two different types of cars. Though it is cool that we can now be at a level to perform almost as well. I think if the growth of HPDE is for real, we will be fine. Just get out there and have fun
__________________
Former Camaros: (gone but not forgotten)
1976 LT Black/Black 305 V8 (Bone Stock)
1976 LT Black/White 305 V8 (Bone Stock) except for Cragar chrome rims (yep - #2)
1985 Z-28 Black/Black 305 L69 M5(Bone Stock) I know: slow

Current Camaro:
CRT 1SS/1LE/RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
CAFE STANDARDS! Get used to them or vote our electeds in Washington out of office...........
Bad@ssCamaro is online now   Reply With Quote