View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 01:39 PM   #27
shaffe

Drives: 2012 Focus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
This is a tough one. Knowing that Stielow is developing this makes it hard to guess because he's going to wring every ounce of performance out of this beast.

I'm going to say this car will set a new record for Chevrolet. I'm gonna guess 7:19.6 and yes it will beat the ZR1's lap time.
That would be extremely impressive but I don't see that happening. I believe this Z/28 is going to be a track monster I can't see it being that good though.

I am going to respectfully disagree.

the Z06 with Z07 package did the ring in 7:22, and the Z06 weighs in at 3175 pounds according to Chevy. The 3400 pound ZR1 with and additional 130 HP and 130 lb/ft did it in 7:19.68

The Z/28 is with the same engine as the Z06 is gonna weigh in at around 3800 lbs (from what we have seen), I know its pretty much a full on race car, but the suspension, tires, and brakes are gonna make up for that extra 625 pounds? I don't know that would be a hell of an accomplishment for team Chevy.

So my prediction is 7:30.00, which puts it right up there with some very high dollar, high performance cars
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote