View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 05:26 PM   #29
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Have you discussed with the dealer to see that if the seats are not available when you're car is produced, that they could retrofit the seats when they become available, as long as you are paying for it in the included order? That way you can still get the car and enjoy it, then it will be like a bonus mod when they do come in.

I went on the Recaro website and they don't even have Chevrolet as one of the companies that they do business with yet. I guess they haven't finalized any contractual obligations yet. Just have to wait and see.
That is an idea but it would definitely cost more to do it that way. If I had a rough idea of when they are available that would make things easier. The biggest factor for me right now is if I feel my fourth gen can survive the wait. I planned on keeping it as a daily driver after I got my 1LE but if it starts having major problems I'll have to spend a nice chunk of my 1LE fund to find reliable transportation. I haven't driven anything other than a Camaro in 13 years and would not like to be going to work in a Civic.