View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 10:31 AM   #30
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 2014 SS sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
I use the K&N 63-3074. It aint fancy. Looks OK (not flashy like others). And I pulled 411HP on the dyno with no other mods. And that's using a Dynapak dyno:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...postcount=2063

I didn't tune with the dyno either. This was just a baseline. My cheapo CAI seems solid to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
That's the one I use. Plastic has to be better for driving around heat soaked than the CAI kit. I have been bashed for this before because vendors show dyno gains on cold pulls. I challenge a vendor to show a heat soaked 30 mile cruise IAT on the "metal coated" CAI vs another brand with a "plastic" tube. No one drives for 40 seconds to do a dyno pull and cools off for an hour before the next. We continuously drive around with heat soak.

My buddy has a CAI brand on his 2010 and everytime after a cruise I can't touch his intake tube for more than 3 second without burning my hand. I can rest my hand just fine on my el-cheap-o, horrible,power losing(according to people in other threads) K&N intake.

The fishbowl comment was funny. No doubt there's a lot of time and $$ in those big fancy boxes, and there's no surprise that's what you're paying more for.

my opinions are my own and from my personal experiences. If you feel the need to flame me and call me troll....go for it.
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote